Tuesday 2 December 2008

...slight catch up!

The term game play refers to the overall feel of a game, things like how it responds to the controls, and the experience you get whilst on the game all make up the gameplay!

Right, the questions in this task gave me a hard time… Really can’t understand them… So I’m guessing that by leading lights it’s meant some of the biggest company names? I hope… I’ll name EA and Square Enix off of the top of my head, because I know both have had huge titles and series successes. Final Fantasy and The Sims being the main ones… And Google won’t tell me any sites that list them! It hates me, it really does.
Where does the Game Design take place in the modern developer? … All I can say is whut!? O_o

If it was a single person’s responsibility to create an entire game, I think spontaneous human combustion may just set in…
A game is created by a group of, dare I say, talented individuals! Though, with some of the games you see these days, especially online, you wonder where they found there crew!
Generally there would be the Writers, the Animators, the 2D artists & 3D artists, if they’re not the same people and the programmers for the actual making of the game! Give or take a few titles. I’m just naming the main guys here.

Isn’t it obvious that each game genre would require different design principles… Imagine using the same ones for a hyped up, cheesy-pop singsong game and a sneaky, dark first-person shooter… I think I speak for everyone when I say… I’d be worried. All would require similar research, such as the setting, the character styles and such, but, you wouldn’t look in the same places! E.g. Allies and such for the shooter games… (That’s even if that’s what is meant by design principles)

For me, the most important part of a game is that it’s good to look at. Be it the scenery, the character designs, the interface… or just the fact that there aren’t many glitches.
My favourite games: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and Kingdom Hearts are my fave because I like the character designs... None of this "realistic" character stuff!
Your playing a GAME why should it need to look realistic?
Thats my thoughts on it anyways.
For example, if I don’t like the style that a character is designed in, I just can’t keep playing the game.
But really, as long as it’s fun, I’ll join! I kick my dad’s butt on football frequently, but I can’t stand the sport.

No comments: