Tuesday 13 January 2009

"Creativity"

“Creativity is a mental and social process involving the generation of new ideas or concepts, or new associations of the creative mind between existing ideas or concepts. An alternative conception of creativness is that it is simply the act of making something new.”
I took the quote from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creativity because I thought it was the best description of creativity. Though, I think it can be simplified to creativity being something from your mind. An invention from your own thoughts.
Creativity can ‘manifest’ in many forms, the ones that come to peoples mind more frequently when asked would be art, music, drama and things similar, but anything that comes from your own thoughts could be classed as creative… I say it’s not just that though. Re-creating others work is also creative in my eyes ^^;

I wouldn’t say that it is hindered so much by the technical constraints around. Granted you can only go as far as the technology around you permits, but in this day and age… you just upgrade the technology. And lets be fair, I think technology permits some amazing things to come out of creativity! Digital painting being one of the best ^-^ How much further can you go in digitally painting things, when the results from some people are extremely realistic… You can’t go any closer than realism, and can create anything really… But in other ways, with the course we are all on, games can go further. They could get more realistic. I’d rather they not! Unless as mentioned in a previous blog, they made a virtual reality helmet type game! That would be awesome!! But enough of my distracted ramblings!
(I’m finding it really hard to define creativity, creativity is just that…)

Who does creativity? They all do, in different forms. Right? Yush! The artists and the writers are more recognised forms of creativity, granted, but the programmers, whats more creative than putting a lot of scripting together that confuses the hell out of everyone who isn’t a programmer! Yes, I’ve tried programming… Never again! And the Art Director, well… He comes up with the basics of what the artists base the characters on if I remember correctly, and gives the creative feedback ;D yeaa~h., I’ll go with that…

Creativity looks like whatever the creator makes it, was that a kind of trick question? How exactly can you define what creativity looks like? It has different forms, even in each sub-category of creativity there are differences!

Is it in the brand identity? What does that mean? *guesses* Meaning the company that released the game? Yeah, it’s in that… each company would have its own style of art, its own preferences in style and such. But it is also in the experience, as the style and art of each company would obviously be shown in the game.

Atlus! They are awesome! I love the style of the games they develop. One of my favourites, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (yeah, I’ve mentioned it again) not just 3D! It has 2D animation for the cutscenes! And having a love of 2D, and not so much as even a like of 3D-ness… They are great :D But, yeah, that is just my personal opinion… Other than that, I have no idea on “particularly creative” companies… The ones who made Unreal… that is a pretty awesome game… very creative results when you get a headshot >:3

I would show my creativity as an artist. Preferably a pencil artist… Drawing characters, not scenery. Specific yes, but I hate drawing scenery… despise it even.(Did I answer the last bit right?)

No comments: